Here are some of the key details:
- Over 160,175+ cases have been confirmed.
- Almost 6,530+ deaths recorded.
- 157 countries impacted.
- Number of cases with symptoms over 77,780. Either under monitoring or quarantine.
- The World Health Organization defined the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 as global “pandemic” starting from March 11.
The outbreak undoubtedly has a major effect on the travel industry, ranging from quarantines by hotel and cruise boats to stopping airlines in certain regions.
* Check the Global Tourism Forum’s coronavirus live blog.